Update by user Mar 28, 2011

I have since been back to The Driving Range multiple times since this happened in 2008 and the service has been great.

Original review posted by user Apr 30, 2008

I ordered a cheesesburger and large fry and it cost me over $13!And the large fry was in one of those "fry dishes" that other places charge $3.50 for - at the most!Then I saw that there was mold of the bun of my cheeseburger and when I let the teenage girl who was very disinterestd in not only taking our order initially, but also disinterested in offering to replace the bun I decided to never go back there.

I cannot understand why any small business that serves food would expect to stay in business with those prices.

Go to Kimballs in Jafferey NH - they have way better food and they are not way over priced or bad service oriented.

Had an Experience with Martys Driving Range?

Comments

Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States #656725

I probably shouldn't write one of these so soon after leaving the place, but - it truly pissed me off, we pulled in, short line (two customers in front of us), the girl working the window, probably new so I cannot blame her, but 15 minutes later and the people at the window still waiting.So another girl opens another window, the one labeled "food" and yells, "I can take ice cream orders here." So this *** off the guy behind me, as he wanted to order food to begin with.

So I now am 2nd in line behind these two kids that darted over there when the window opened. 10 minutes later their ice cream is out the window, and another older woman comes to the window and says "food orders only", so I am like WTF? I look back, the ice cream window is now at least 7 people deep, now way am I going to the back of that line to wait another hour, after waiting 15 minutes for nothing. So we go back to my car, leave and go to the ice cream factory, where I should have gone to begin with.

Too bad, I liked this place but one bad experience left me feeling totally put off by the people working the windows, no coordination.Never again.

to bad experience #762023

Hi there. Just saw this- Please email management at "nicole@martysofmason.com" so we can get this taken care of! Happy holidays.

I too was a former employer and there is absolutely NO WAY there could have been mold on that persons bun.Everything in the restaurant is literally wiped and freshened everyday.

As for the prices, if your from mason area, it would cost just as much to go to the unfriendly kimballs in jaffery.Id rather eat somewhere where the ppl are friendly.

to rebecca #656744

Not too friendly tonight. The older woman that opened the "food window" looked like she hated her job. She could clearly see that there was a growing mass of confused customers outside, and if she had a clue about customer service, she would have simply started taking orders, whether they be for food or for ice cream, but nooooo. She looked like she couldn't care less about the state of confusion surrounding that place, and I for one will NEVER spend the time to pull into that parking lot again. Drove 15 minutes to get there, wasted at least 15 minutes until that miserable woman made it clear that we would waste a minimum of another 1/2 hour before getting anything.

Hey driving range: HIRE PEOPLE WITH A CLUE

the younger girls were well meaning, just one with little experience (not like it takes a whole lot of experience to scoop ice cream..), but anyone that old knows better and if she isn't happy with her job, guess what? GET A NEW ONE. Plenty of young people out of work. If I my business provided service like this I would be among the unemployed

to bad experience #762024

Please contact management at "nicole@martysofmason.com"! Sorry to hear of your experience and would like to make things right for next season!

Went tonight - teen girls have no idea what they are doing - got a med.onion ring with like 5 skinny OR on it for $5.25 maybe they charged me extra for the 1/4 of grease in the bottom of the container!

FIRST AND LAST VISIT!driving range is nice....

Been going there since it opened.Prices are great on ice cream--way cheaper than the Ice Cream Factory or Kimballs.

Food is good, a tiny bit pricey but not scary and If you are ever dumb enough to knowingly order a cheeseburger and fries for $13 than you need help.Even the 99 is under $10 for a burger and fries and the burgers are huge.

Oh and a cheeseburger costs only $5.75 and their large fry is not over $5 so there is no way your meal was $13.

I have been a customer going to the driving range for many years and i can tell you that they have better food than any small business i have eaten at.The owner and manager are jsut about the nicest people i have ever met and their icecream portion sizes are much bigger than that of any place i have ever found.

And as a previous employee of the drving range i can honestly tell you that there is no way they would ever serve anything on a moldy bun.Being a clean and safe serving environmant is their first priority.